When planning out your home, a major factor in comfort that often gets neglected is the temperature. This is why you want to make sure you have a proper home HVAC system that fits your needs. Here are a few things to consider when getting one put together, ensuring the best ventilation design.
What Does Your HVAC System Need?
Any proper HVAC system will want to have a design that addresses the following checklist:
- Is it properly sized to provide the right airflow for each room?
- Does the static air pressure drop across the handler meet manufacturer and design plans?
- Is there an adequate amount of sealed supply ductwork to provide enough air flow?
- Is there enough sealed return ductwork to provide proper air flow to any fans?
- Where is the air coming from? You don’t want air going into your HVAC system from polluted zones. This can include fumes from automobiles and stored chemicals, along with attic particulates.
- Is there balanced air flow between the supply and return systems?
- Is it properly charged with refrigerant?
- Does it have proper burner operation and draft?
As you can see, there are a lot of different elements that go into putting together a functional HVAC system. To make sure you aren’t missing anything, here’s a bit of a window into the design process:
Step 1: Take a survey of the air flow and air loads of each room in the building.
Step 2: Layout a map of the duct system. Don’t forget to account for potential obstructions.
Step 3: Size your duct equipment and HVAC equipment.
Step 4: Perform the actual installation of all the equipment.
Step 5: Charge the system, then verify that it charged properly by using either the evaporator superheat method or sub-cooling method.
Step 6. Perform the final tests to make sure everything was installed properly and functional. This includes making sure there is proper ventilation, air flows, static pressures, and other important indicators.
Your Local HVAC Company Serving Montgomery County, Bucks County & Philadelphia
When it comes to putting together a ductwork installation design HVAC system for your home or commercial building, you want to be sure that you are working with a skilled and experienced HVAC company. This is what can make the difference between having a final product that hits all the points we mentioned above and one that doesn’t.
Angel HVAC is the perfect fit for your needs. We provide a full suite of services that include emergency services, preventative cleaning, and HVAC design and installation in Bucks County, as well as Philadelphia and Montgomery County. Reach out to us today to speak to one of our experts and ask about a free on-site estimate.